Monday, May 14, 2007

another day

we sucked at bocce ball. not really, we just lost two games right out of the chute, so we were doubly eliminated. no matter; we had fun. and eventually el Jefe' and i celebrated the anniversary of sorts.

thursday i felt awful. i have several coworkers who have been sick for weeks. upper respiratory. i felt a scratchy throat, and feverish, and a debilitating sense of exhaustion. it took everything i had to get Punkin to school. but somehow, i hung in there through the day. i was going to ask el Jefe' to cancel his day trip up North on Friday, but his meeting got cancelled so his trip was cancelled anyway. that was a relief.

thursday evening, my boss told me he has been reassigned. kind of a demotion. an undefined position (doesn't that sound familiar?) but they didn't fire him. i should've taken him for drinks and commiserated with him, but i'm not much fun in a bar these days. he made some comment how it didn't matter to me since i am having a baby. no, i told him, the baby just keeps me from worrying much about my career these days. it has been coming for months, and something needed to happen for months, and it finally did. his interim replacement got his graduate degree the year i was born. you could say he has some experience.

friday i backed my car into a trailer at Starbucks. pregnant women should not be allowed to drive. my own fault, my own stupidity. i swear, some of the panel pieces on my car are made out of paper. whatever. the damage is cosmetic. work was filled with lots of talk about my boss's interim replacement. oh, and i sent in the paperwork from my doctor to get me out of jury duty. that actually was a relief. or maybe my boss getting reassigned was a relief. i just felt better.

saturday we went jet skiing at the lake. we've been talking about it for a couple weeks. i know it was against doctor's orders, but it was important to me. removing and replacing the registration stickers made me sad. this activity has been a huge part of our lives for nine years. one ski needs a new battery so it didn't start. still, we all had a good day, and el Jefe' and i got sunburned (we're still feeling it).

Punkin spent saturday night throwing up. sunday was Mother's Day ( i got new jammies, perfume, and shampoo). and today's another day.

No comments: