Sunday, May 20, 2007

i'm still pregnant

i'm still pregnant.

i've gained 25 lbs. my blood pressure is good. i've scored a 10 at monitoring sessions the past two weeks. and i've passed the duration i was pregnant with Punkin (37 weeks 3 days). my gyn ob has discussed the need to cut my cervix at my last two appointments. he has mentioned "good pain relief" both times. i wanted to go all natural, just to say i did, because i think i have a high tolerance for pain, because i didn't get the option with Punkin (my water broke and i was on Pitocin for 12 hours without dilating), but i guess that's not part of the plan. not like you get a gold medal, anyway.

i've got less than two weeks to go (i'm still not considering going over my due date, which i guess is a possibility.) el Jefe' is finally through the name book, but that doesn't mean we have any front runners. Peanut works just fine, right?

i didn't remove my engagement ring until i was in labor and delivery with Punkin. it's been off for a week now. i don't remember distinct elbows or karate kicks from the inside coming from Punkin, but apparently Peanut is a budding martial artist. i don't remember feeling as though the life force was sucked out of me (especially on weekends). i don't remember having such a hard time wiping my ass.

so sure, i'd like to be done with this part, but the thought of the next parts (Punkin while we're at the hospital, a new baby, breastfeeding, packing, and relocating 9 hours away) are a little more than i can fathom right now.

No comments: