Sunday, March 18, 2007

another year older

my birthday came; my birthday went.

i awoke early for a Saturday (late for me) stressed about not feeling Peanut since the night before. i did the recommended "have a glass of juice and lay down" from "What to Expect" and tried to count the kicks. the tv was on, but i was trying to concentrate, so i closed my eyes. i made it to four and fell asleep. or back to sleep.

i think all is well, or fine, or ok. don't give me anything more to worry about, ok?

Punkin helped me open my presents; he really wanted them for himself. still, he acted excited about the clothes, even though they were maternity clothes. hopefully i acted excited as well. when i was pregnant with Punkin, i was fairly frugal about my purchases. i bought most things on sale, or clearance, and tried to stick to the basics. i've done the same with this pregnancy with the Peanut, although my shopping has been much less frequent since i saved nearly everything from before. el Jefe' got me some great items at Christmas, and splurged again for my birthday. to me, it's just a little wasteful since i've got only 11 weeks to go (hopefully). el Jefe' looks at it as a tax write-off, unless we have another. i said let's defer that decision until the first month when we're all suffering from sleep deprivation.

he also gave me this terrific thumb ring. i wore it most of the day, but have to get it resized. i was bummed i had to give it up for another five days.

we had a mover come to give us an estimate, and may have a potential buyer for the Jet Skis. they are near and dear to our hearts, and sanity, and represent hundreds of hours of recreation for us. due to environmental restrictions, we can't use them up North, so we put them up for sale (just a note in the garage, mostly for house lookers). it's bitter-sweet. el Jefe' and i agreed that we'd like to get in a day or two at the lake before we move, even if it is not recommended and i'm big as a house, just to say "goodbye".

a couple stopped by when we got home from the grocery store to look at the house. their realtor couldn't make it. we let them in and collected the absent realtor's business card. they make the ninth showing we know of. no takers, yet. we've had a decent amount of traffic for such a soft market. statistically, only 10 percent of the houses on the market have sold, so i'm telling myself we need to get at least 10 potential buyers in here. wishful thinking, and surprising optimism on my part, don't you think?

i didn't get a good nap. we did some exchanges at the mall, bought dog food, and some shorts and pj's for Punkin. and we went out to dinner with my parents for my birthday. finally, the Punkin sang me "Happy Birthday" (several times). it was a wonderful dinner, although my parents are driving me a bit kooky about details while el Jefe' is up North (trying to help, but making more work for me). el Jefe' and i made very fast, very terrific, and very satisfying love.

and now i'm 42.

No comments: