Friday, December 29, 2006

why i'm a crazy hip blog mama

crazy. no problem. certifiable. a long torrid history of therapy, medication, and even a couple weeks in the hut (nut hut, that is. i can say that. i’ve been there.). i’ve been off medication going on ten years, and i think my last counselor is dead. (she’d be 82. i hope at least she finally retired!) pregnancy and motherhood are terrific excuses for off behavior, don’t you think?

hip. this one’s a stretch. i was born without the shopping gene. my favorite store is Target. i rarely buy anything for myself that is not on sale or without a coupon. the last time i bought something full price was in 2001 (a suit for a project interview). my husband, el Jefe’, buys the majority of my clothes (he has good taste if that means anything). i admit to being thrifty and frugal (ok, cheap), but if anything i strive for my style to be classic. and my maternity clothes are the trendiest items in my wardrobe!

blog. here it is. although it was born only Labor Day this year, it has become a part of my life. and i pride myself in posting more frequently than the so-called professionals who blog for income. a new custom blog design from the wonderful and talented ladies at Ciao My Bella would be my equivalent to a day at the spa. (ok, i’ve never been. ever. but i think the appropriate analogy is that maybe no one else will notice, but it sure would make me feel good!)

mama. Punkin turns two next month, and Peanut is at 18 weeks gestation. i’m 41, and i never thought i’d be a mom until two positive pee tests, a fetal heartbeat, an ultrasound, and hearing positive amnio results over two years ago. Punkin wasn’t planned, but honestly we didn’t think he was possible. i don’t need to tell you he changed my life.

and they were kind enough to include me on their blogroll.

No comments: