Sunday, December 24, 2006

Happy Holidays

i complain a lot about Holiday Hell. i've all ready admitted my issues are self-induced and self-inflicted (who in their right mind would go to Wal-Mart the Friday afternoon before Christmas for the sole purpose of getting diapers [necessity] and stocking stuffers [junk]?!?)
i continue to go out and shop, not for the diapers, but for the trinkets ... i keep coming up with that must-have, illusive, one-more-thing that subjects me to crowds, and lines, and melting kids, and stressed-out adults. today it is a pair of footie pajamas for the Punkin and thank-you note cards. maybe i'm addicted. maybe i've got my priorities straight. but this photo, to me, is what the Holidays are all about. i'm thankful i have el Jefe' and Punkin after all these years to show me that Holiday Hell is worth it.

No comments: