Thursday, October 05, 2006

seven hours from now ...

at 5:55 am (pacific time) this morning, a glob of toothpaste plumetted to the lapel of my black silk shirt. i have this great AquaFresh toothpaste (Extreme Clean) that i take on travel. it came as a sample with the newspaper one day. i'm so happy it is under 3 oz. and i have a quart-size clear plastic bag. it's very pepperminty (extremely, you could say). i don't do spearmint. yuck.

i tried approximately 4 times to soak the toothpaste glob out of my black silk shirt. i finally gave up.

we worked from 6:30 am straight through our lunchtime presentation. i dribbled alfredo sauce on my pants, just in case the toothpaste was lonely, then off to the airport. i got on the standby lists because the thought of arriving in the midwest at midnight local time was less than pleasant. i succesfully negotiated both lists, but flights were running late (a half-hour here, and hour there) ... so now it is midnight in the midwest. i didn't have time for airport food and i was actually looking forward to the snack box. i even had a five in my pocket. no such luck, but my consolation was that the flight was only an hour long. Fritos, cashews, peanut M&M's, and the banana that i pocketed at breakfast comprised my dinner. i realize no one cares to read about my meals, but it appears no one cares to read about my life, either.

this is the glamor of a mom who works outside the home.

the oh so nice man who is my boss on these audit trips asked if i was interested in his position as he is retiring in two and one-quarter years. i thought it was funny that he referred to the time that way, but then i still refer to Punkin's age in months. maybe that will change when he (Punkin) turns two, and maybe that will change when the oh so nice man is only two years away from retirement ... maybe he'll start counting the months. i was flattered and maybe a little tempted. but i can't think about my life two and one-quarter years from now. i can't think of my life eight months from now, or thirty-three weeks from now. i can barely plan ahead for my next meal (obviously).

no wait. it will be a five dollar "complimentary" breakfast at the hotel. aren't you impressed?

No comments: