Tuesday, September 05, 2006

my apology to all moms

so it occurred to me last night that i probably alienated the majority of my "audience".

first, i have to admit to reading a limited number of blogs on a regular basis because, in addition to being a mother, i have another job outside my home. another excuse: i am old and tired. the blogs i frequent are fairly evenly divided between male and female authors, and, well, most of the female bloggers are stay-at-home moms.

i totally admire what you do, both bloggers and sah moms, but i feel like i'm on the outside looking in.

so a big pat on the back to me (insert knife and twist) ... my first post, on Labor Day no less, and i make reference to "working mothers". (if my mother had commented, she would correct me and say "damn working mothers", but she is very computer illiterate so she won't have the chance to comment, now will she?!?) yes, EVERY mother is a working mother, and no, i won't go into the labor pun. i'm pretty sure there isn't a mom on this earth that got a day off from her mothering duties just because it was Labor Day. you'll find plenty of things in the future in this blog to hold against me, so please forgive me this first indiscretion.

off to a great start, eh?

No comments: